Sure there’s a ton of lengthy articles of why people have switched from iPhone to whatever Android device, I am going to skip that and show you my biggest reason. The Note 2’s screen is awesome. At first I thought it was overkill and silly carrying a device as large as the Note 2, but after getting used to the size of the phablet, going back to an S3 and even an iPhone 5 was almost unbearable. I have to hold the phone close to my face to read it on it! Also the Note 2 eliminated my need of having to carry around an iPad Mini which ironically helps me travel lighter. On the go, all I need is my MacBook Pro 13″ Retina and my Note 2 and I’m all set. No need to carry an extra tablet, charger, and screen cover. And if I need more battery life, I can just carry an extra battery!
Other great selling points on the Note 2 and most Android phones:
- S-Pen is really handy when needing to jot down notes. There have been many situations where I had to quickly scribble some notes and it does a great job at that
- Swiftkey is the best keyboard out there period. I love the Swiftkey Flow feature (swype) and how it predicts your typing patters. Great for people who use hashtags with Twitter and Instagram
- Freedom to play just about any video format. AVI, MKV, MP4, Divx, Etc… Just load it onto the memory card and you’re ready to go. No required software needed
- Oh yeah – the memory card! Load your music, movies, etc on it up to 64GB!
- Customization – I can be in control of how my phone works and how the interface is laid out. I can set which default browser, video / music player, document reader I want to use!
- Apps integrate with the OS. Unlike iOS which is limited to Twitter and Facebook, I can share to just about anything such as Instagram, Flickr, WhatsApp or whatever app I have. It’s really convenient
I still think the iPhone is great. I love the form factor and ease of one handed use, but the Note 2 better suits my needs! Hope Apple impresses with the next iPhone!