When I got my first 4K TV (a really nice LG display), I thought I would be able to deal with the built in speakers. I was too lazy to setup a true surround sound system and more importantly, couldn’t really afford it. The sound coming from the TV’s built in speakers were garbage. It was hard to hear any of the dialogue and a lot of the sound was muffled mainly because the built in speakers projected downward due to the thin build of the TV.
Then I discovered the sound bars. They are a practical, low cost solution in getting great sound without needing to break the bank. The TaoTronics Sound Bar is an example for getting really good 2.0 stereo sound for $70 and it doesn’t require any drilling, mounting, and takes up very little space. Here’s what it features:
- 25″ Sound Bar: No need to have a spacious living room to enjoy better audio playback! This compact soundbar installs unobtrusively in bedrooms and small environments. (Note: Please use the adapter contained within the package)
- Dual Wired and Wireless: Pair via Bluetooth from up to 33 ft / 10 m or connect with the in-unit 3.5 mm, RCA, and optical inputs
- Multiple Setups, Multiple Options: Sits flat below the TV screen or securely mounts on the wall for a sleek, elegant home theater setup
- Easy to Use and Operate: High-sensitivity IR remote control displays the different modes by means of differently colored LED lights
- Optical Connection for Clearer Sound: Plug in via the included optical cable for a more pure, unaltered audio reproduction