A fairly long rant. You have been warned!
My review on the Razer Blade Stealth – without the Razer Core. Sorry for spacing out a few times, allergies are killing me.
Quick Summary of what I like and don’t like:
– Excellent build quality, feels absolutely solid
– Thin and light without any sacrifice to productivity performance
– Keyboard is similar to Retina Macbook keyboard but feels less “shallow” – some people will feel that this is better, I personally do
– Customizable light keyboard
– Although not fan-less, it runs quiet for the most part
– 2 USB 3.1 ports, 1 USB-C, Audio port, and full sized HDMI. Come on Apple…
– QHD 2560×1440 on this 12.5 inch screen looks fantastic
– Blown away by the stereo speakers. Were you impressed with the Retina Macbook speakers? You will be very impressed with these as well
– Excellent overall value, even as a standalone ultrabook
– Can’t charge with external battery pack, like the Mac can
– Casing is a fingerprint magnet
– 8GB RAM not upgradeable and no option for 16GB
– Core add-on is unavailable at launch, not even the pricing
TL;DR?? – Yes I would recommended it if you are in the market of an excellent thin and light notebook. Will have to revisit this once the Razer CORE is ever released.