My first impressions (less than 24 hours) coming from an iPhone 6S Plus and Nexus 6P before that. These are just my Notes (yes I meant to do that) written so far for an upcoming video / review so I apologize if it looks messy.
- Design is incredible. Hard to believe that this has a larger screen that the Plus and is physically smaller and lighter
- Always on Display seemed gimicky at first but it makes great desk clock and I already find it useful
- Fingerprint scanner is as fast as the iPhone’s but I like the Nexus 6P’s execution better
- Touch Wiz has been a pretty smooth experience. If you hate the cartoony looking icons, just go to the theme store and download a theme. I am using Material, which was free.
- I was a little squeamish in shutting off iMessage at first, but there are only two people I really iMessage anyway. Everyone else has WhatsApp, Facebook, and Hangouts. I got over it in 30 minutes.
- Bloatware on the T-Mobile variant isn’t so bad, but it still sucks. At least you can easily disable it
- I use both OSX and Windows with Chrome as my main browser. Chrome does an excellent job in integrating the experience (continuity) between your phone and Mac/PC. I have a bunch of tabs open in Chrome on my Mac, and then when I need to take a dump or something, I can just continue off what I’m reading on my phone
- Notification light: It changes everything.