I’ve been so busy as of late and haven’t had time to do any reviews or simple posts. Just recently, we (I) acquired THISISMYWORKSPACE.COM which is a domain name that I thought of when walking home after having a couple of Cajun Fish Tacos over at Wahoo’s. For years, The Geeks Office really never had any direction so it was really hard to figure out what I was going to do with this domain. For now I am going to keep things as they are but focus more on the workspaces. I enjoy looking at how people’s have theirs setup whether it be at work, at home, or even on the floor. It doesn’t really matter. I also just setup a Flickr group called This is My Workspace where you can go ahead and feel free to post your workspace and I will feature it on the site. Continue reading
Quite a few activities within these two weeks leaving me little time to update this site. I know I say that every time but it’s true! I went out for a hike in Burbank, CA, went to the Dodgers game in a VIP suite for work, and of course had great food as always. I did get an HDMI cable for the Galaxy S3 to run emulators off of it and onto the plasma TV while having it paired to a PS3 controller! Continue reading
I’ve been thinking about doing a weekly or bi-weekly photoblog on the exciting life of a geek (yes me) so I’m going to start with the entire month of June on how the world is seen through my eyes! I’ve had a huge overhaul in my gear over the past few months and most of it is because I’m on the road more than ever so portability is more of a priority over power. So I went from a 15″ MacBook Pro to an 11″ Air. Been pretty busy in June just barely coming back from Catalina Island and then a few weeks later headed off to San Luis Obispo. Even though it’s all within California, there was a lot of tech and gadgets to utilize, food to eat, and sites to see.
This should actually be titled The Geeks Most Utilized Gadgets of 2011 but it doesn’t sound good as a headliner. To be honest, 2011 wasn’t really the year of innovation in the tech world. It was more like a year of improvement on what was innovated in 2010, such as the iPhone 4 to the 4S and just about every device getting a spec boost. Not to say that there isn’t anything bad about that and it definitely leaves a lot of room on what we can expect in 2012 such as a newly redesigned iPhone 5, next generation videogame consoles like the Nintendo Wii U or Xbox 720, and Windows 8. Here’s the Top 5 that I’ve used this year! Continue reading
I had to go to the Apple Store today because my cat chewed up the power adaptor to my MacBook Air. I’ve lived in Pasadena, CA for at about 4 years and haven’t really taken any pictures of Old Town because it wasn’t really anything special since I practically see it every day. Pasadena (home of the Rose Bowl) was established in 1875 and “Old Town” is where it all started. Anyway, you can Google the rest so let’s take a quick look of the city… Continue reading
I have two main laptops and two laptop bag configurations for two different situations. If my day involves going from office to office or if I have some serious work to do, this is what I carry (as shown on the left)
- An old Kenneth Cole 15″ Laptop Bag (pens, USB cables, power adaptor, and some documents inside)
- MacBook Pro 15″ 2011 2.2Ghz i7 8GB RAM 500GB Hard Drive
- iPad 2 64GB (works great as a second screen)
- Mophie Juicepack Plus
- iPhone 4S
- Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse 5000
If my day involves going from airport to airport, being on the road all day, or if I feel like going minimalistic, this is what I carry (as show on the right)
- Kenneth Cole 11″ Laptop Bag (pens and USB Cable inside)
- MacBook Air 11″ 2010 Ultimate
- Verizon 4G Mobile Hotspot
- iPad 2 64GB
- Apple in ear headphones
- MicroSD USB Adaptor
- iPhone 4S
What’s in your laptop bag?
One thing I did notice was that pictures taken with the volume button come out upside down if they are emailed for some reason. If you view them on the iPhone or even on the desktop, they look right side up. Texting, posting on Facebook and Twitter is fine. If you notice the screenshots that I took for this review comparing the camera quality between the 4 and the 4S, they are ALL UPSIDE DOWN!!!
After doing some research online, there are people that have the same issue and the way to remedy the problem is to have the home button face to the right if you want to take photos in landscape, so it makes it kind of pointless if you want to take photos with the volume button and email them.
It’s not a hardware problem, it’s a problem with iOS i believe because using 3rd party camera apps like Camera+ doesn’t have this issue.
“Just avoid holding it that way” – Steve Jobs
I just had this integrated into my iPhone 4S review as well. Video quality at 1080P is great.
So pulling this off my Twitter Feed of today’s Apple event… here’s a quick recap!
- iOS5 Released October 12, 2011
- iPod Nano gets multi touch, new clock faces, pedometer, and a price drop. iPod Classic line is killed off.
- iTouch still at 64GB max, A5 chip, and will come in white
- iPhone 4S is announced, 7X faster graphics, than iPhone 4 with A5 Chip, and guess what… it looks EXACTLY the same as the iPhone 4!
- iPhone 4S has better camera ay 8MP, and faster download speeds up to 14.4MB taking advantage of HSDPA
- iPhone 4S fixes antenna problem for voice quality and WiFi, AirPlay Mirroring, 1080p video recording, and voice assistant Siri built in.
- “Wake me up tomorrow at 6am” prompts Siri to set a new alarm for you for 6am in the clock app
- iPhone 4S goes up to 64GB at $399!!!
- Sprint iPhone officially announced: on sale October 14.
- Also available on Verizon and AT&T, pre-order October 7th