I’ve been writing product reviews ranging from mobile phones, PDAs, notebooks, computer hardware, and video games since 1998. I have especially enjoyed reviewing products from Apple and the very first product I have reviewed from them was the 12 inch iBook in December 2004 that I bought from Fry’s Electronics just out of my sheer curiosity.
So pulling this off my Twitter Feed of today’s Apple event… here’s a quick recap!
- iOS5 Released October 12, 2011
- iPod Nano gets multi touch, new clock faces, pedometer, and a price drop. iPod Classic line is killed off.
- iTouch still at 64GB max, A5 chip, and will come in white
- iPhone 4S is announced, 7X faster graphics, than iPhone 4 with A5 Chip, and guess what… it looks EXACTLY the same as the iPhone 4!
- iPhone 4S has better camera ay 8MP, and faster download speeds up to 14.4MB taking advantage of HSDPA
- iPhone 4S fixes antenna problem for voice quality and WiFi, AirPlay Mirroring, 1080p video recording, and voice assistant Siri built in.
- “Wake me up tomorrow at 6am” prompts Siri to set a new alarm for you for 6am in the clock app
- iPhone 4S goes up to 64GB at $399!!!
- Sprint iPhone officially announced: on sale October 14.
- Also available on Verizon and AT&T, pre-order October 7th
I was up from 12AM – 3AM putting together a futon, TV stand and setting up a 32 inch Dynex LCD TV they had on sale at Best Buy for $249. The photos are in the order of what the room looked like before I set up anything and all the way to the end result! Did all this with an injured left shoulder by myself.
|Louie's Desktop Desktop Wallpapers|
I know it’s been awhile since I posted anything. Been busy with work and life and have been caught up on multiple projects. Have a bunch of articles and gadgets reviews that I’d like to write up. Hopefully I’ll have some time this weekend. Anyway, here’s a collection of my desktop wallpapers that’s continually expanding.
I’ve been a fan of 13″ notebooks for the past few years because portability is most important to me. Then came the iPad and MacBook Air and it was almost pointless to have the MacBook Pro 13. It’s been acting as a file server for a couple of months and hardly left the house. I bring my Air out to the office and leave the 13″ at home and there are times when 11 and 13 are just TOO small. Continue reading
The ear cushions arrived but I didn’t get a chance to test drive these till this evening. The way this works is that they go into the headset before adding the eartips and these cushions hang onto your ear much better. Continue reading
So it’s around 3:00 here at my office and I’m taking a break reading the online tech blogs and noticed a lot of significant things happening in the industry today. The three that stood out made a deep enough impression on me to write about.
HTC tells Apple to try competing, rather than suing http://t.co/X1WuAay via @engadget – I gotta hand it to HTC for finally saying what a lot of us have been thinking. I like Apple products but just like a lot of the bigger corporations these days, they are killing innovation by creating lawsuits to everything that remotely resembles their products and ideas. Thanks HTC!
I’m feeling generous tonight. Please fill out the form below to request a Google+ invite. My rule is plain and simple… don’t spam me and I won’t spam you!
Thanks to the 4th of July Weekend, I was able to have time to go places and do things instead of sit in front of the computer all day reading Engadget, Lifehacker, Gizmodo, and the lurk the Rage 3D and MacRumors Forums… Yes, geeks have lives too and we do go out and try to have somewhat of a social life away from the computer desk!
I was at Bob’s Big Boy in Pasadena for lunch which offered free WiFi making it a perfect opportunity to get some work done after I eat. I usually carry my MacBook Air 11″ with me almost everywhere I go so I can take advantage of the air conditioning and free refills on the ice tea on this hot summer day.